9 Brook St – New Rochelle, NY
1 Stand-alone 4 story building and 7 Townhome Style Clusters
131 Low and Very Low Income Units
TOTAL SQ FT.:
Horton Winthrop, LLC
PROJECT START DATE:
- The First Phase of the Replacement of the obsolete Hartley Houses, a 70 year old 5 Building Campus Style development controlled by the New Rochelle Municipal Housing Authority that had become blight on the neighborhood at large.
- Re-opening of a closed Municipal Street in order to integrate the new buildings into the community.
- Located within walking distance of the redeveloped downtown district; schools; hospital; shopping; all main thoroughfares including but not limited to the New England Thruway and Hutchinson River Parkway.
- Constructed on a 4.5 acre former ball field, the parcel required massive site work including interior streets, sidewalks, granite curbs, street lighting, and extensive landscaping.
- The four story, 50 unit building houses a laundry room on every floor. The Duplex two-bedroom units contain an extra bathroom. A separate, secure laundry facility was also constructed for use by the residents of the townhouse units.
- Energy Efficient Construction including but not limited to Re-cycled exterior cladding; Energy Star Appliances; Bamboo floors; Energy Star Windows; Evergreen P-TAC units; Central Air in townhouse units; and Energy Star indoor and outdoor lighting.
- 133 Parking Spaces
PHASE II RIBBON CUTTING: